Catamaran and Bio Bay Combo Tour
This great combination tour includes our most popular tour, a kayak paddle through the Bio Bay, and also a six-hour catamaran cruise complete with snorkeling (gear provided), an all-you-can-eat buffet, and complementary beverages (including some refreshingly tropical libations).
Rates & Duration
Adult – $108 | Child – $95 | Duration – 2 Hour
Fajardo Catamaran and Bio Bay Kayak Tour
- Eight Hour Total Duration
Puerto Rico Catamaran Tour (6 Hours)
- All-you-can-eat buffet (cold cuts, tuna and pasta Salads, local fruits, and snacks)
- Afternoon complimentary piña colada and rum punch drinks
- Quality snorkeling gear provided
- Small size gear for children
- Flotation devices
- Snorkeling instructions
- Fun water slide
- Easy access to the water using our “Sea Ladder”
What to Bring:
- Towel, sunscreen, dry change of clothes, and a camera!
Kayaking (2 Hours)
Once-in-a-lifetime bioluminescent experience!
Kayaking Tour of Puerto Rico’s Bio Bay
- One of the most spectacular sights on a night trip in Caribbean waters is witnessing hundreds of tiny star-like bioluminescent plankton scintillating like a starry sky as you move through the dark water. Wave your paddle through the water in front of you, and be mesmerized by the tiny glowing specs of plankton or Dinoflagellates which are tiny unicellular marine plankton, also known as fire plants.
- We start our Bio Bay kayaking tour at the beach of “Las Croabas,” a small fishing village located on the extreme northeastern tip of Puerto Rico. Here, you have a brief safety session and review kayaking basics, the rules of the road (or waterways), and a review of the importance of keeping any disturbance of the pristine environment of the bioluminescent lagoon to a minimum.
- Then, we launch our kayaks and head for a hidden opening in the mangroves at the northern end of the beach. Upon entering the mangroves, we follow a channel for a mile that leads to the “Laguna Grande.”
- Leaving the channel and entering the lagoon, by itself, is a breathtaking experience! A wide expanse of gentle, rippling water surrounded by mangrove forests greet the adventurer, the mountains of the “El Yunque” Rainforest tower in the distance – a profound tranquility envelopes all who enter!
- But the best is yet to come! Your guides call the flotilla together for an informative talk about several topics: This unique ecosystem, the flora, fauna and sea life that inhabits the lagoon, historical notes of interest such as the Fajardo Lighthouse, built by the Spanish in the 19th century, and of course the incredible natural phenomenon that we’re here for – the shimmering glow of bioluminescence as you dip your paddles and glide through the sparkling water – an amazing unique experience only found in 4 other places on earth!
What to Know
- Cost per Adult: $108
- Cost per Child: $95
- Tour Distance: One mile each way
- Ages: All family members welcome, must be physically fit to handle a kayak with paddles (children five+ years)
- Max Weight: For a two adults kayak, 575 pounds