A Safe Kayaking Adventure is a Fun Kayaking Adventure!
Our commitment to the professional development of our team of guides assures the comfort and safety of our guests. We offer great value for our visiting adventurers by providing well-maintained equipment and attentive customer service.
All of our Eco Adventurers are given a refresher lesson (or more if required) on paddling skills and safety procedures. Our guides provide an orientation of our equipment, basic strokes and skills, and how to get out of (and back into) your kayak in the event of a turn-over. We also show you a few key hand signals to communicate on the water, and emphasize the importance of staying together.
Each guest is issued a lifejacket, rope, and whistle plus a night safety light. Our guides are trained in the use of safety equipment including first aid kits, flares, towlines, and two-way radios. Our kayaks are also equipped with nighttime running lights.
Additionally, we know the areas we paddle and we constantly check the weather to ensure that your Fajardo kayak adventure is safe and FUN!
Safety Requirements and Limitations
- 450 lbs per double kayak, 250 lbs per person
- Guests must be physically capable of paddling a kayak
- Our kayak tours are not recommended for people with lower back injuries or heart conditions
- Two-person kayak, guests must be able to paddle in a coordinated manner
- Children under five years of age not allowed
- Our Bio Bay kayak tours are not recommended for pregnant women